Fish eye lens

richnmib

Does anyone use a fish eye lens? I have been thinking about picking one up to mess around with. The Samyang/Rokinon version seem to get good reviews and are not very costly.

480sparky

I have two. A 15mm full-frame, and 8mm circular, Sigmas both. I use the circular more to create 360x180° VR panos, but on occasion to create circular images. The full-frame sometimes gets defished for creating über-wide rectinlinear images.

J-see

I have been reading a review about the full frame Samyang and think I'll order one. I've been very satisfied about my two other Samyang so I assume this one will be good too. I don't really need a fish-eye but for that price I'll find some use for it.

Englischdude

I have two. A 15mm full-frame, and 8mm circular, Sigmas both. I use the circular more to create 360x180° VR panos, but on occasion to create circular images. The full-frame sometimes gets defished for creating über-wide rectinlinear images.

haha, I have and do the opposite, I have now the 14mm Samyang which is a rectilinear lens, but it will get "fished" in post if required :D

alex267

I own the 8mm Samyang. Manual focus only and it doesn't work well out of the box (You need to adjust some screws) but if you shoot at f8 everything is in focus. I like the the colors of this lens and I find it quiet good for shooting sports.