1DX VS D4s

murphc13

Hi guys.I'm currently tossing up these two cameras.I have a d810 and some lenses but i dont have 10 k worth of lenses yet.If i did then it would be d4s all day.
Have any of you used both?From what i've read and seen,the 1DX has the advantage with AF and the d4s with low light.If the d4s AF is exactly the same as the d810s then im not sure i could drop 4.5-5 k on it.The d810s af is not bad...just saying that i would expect a bit more from the d4s.
Please chip in and give your feedback.Cheers

FastGlass

I've noticed this forum is allowing more and more non Nikon discussions. I don't care but I don't bother to read into them much.

AC016

This is a Non Nikon section of the forum isnt it?Forget i asked

You are quite right. Don't worry about the insecurities of others ;) In regards to your question, i won't be much help. Never used either camera and not many people on here have either. A camera is a personal choice. Do all your research and weigh the pros & cons. Both cameras are awesome ;)

mikew_RIP

Believe this or not i did not know the 1DX was a Canon camera until i looked it up,so if nothing else this thread has educated me.

Blacktop

You are quite right. Don't worry about the insecurities o. f others ;) In regards to your question, i won't be much help. Never used either camera and not many people on here have either. A camera is a personal choice. Do all your research and weigh the pros & cons. Both cameras are awesome ;)
Yes, most insecurities comes from NON Nikon owners. Hell , sometimes there is more Nikon bashing here then on a Canon forum.
This is the most tolarant camera forum around.

murphc13

Im getting out of motorcycles lads and am selling a new bike so that allows me some options.
I think Nikon needs to update the AF system on their cameras(i own a d810....i haven't played with a d4/s but everything i've seen and read claims the 1dx has it on AF....41 X type sensors vs 15 and 61 vs 51 AF points).
I think i may get a 300 2.8 vr ii instead and wait to see what the d5 brings...probably next year.
I love my tamron 24-70 VC and consider it to be pro quality glass.The 70-300 tamron Vc i own is nice but doesn't compete in terms of sharpness with the 24-70.I think investing in some better glass in the meantime may be a smarter move.
The new tamron 15-30 VC looks to be a winner and matt granger prefers it to the 14-24 and even he was surprised.
I love my nikon stuff guys but the way tammy and siggy are uping their game only should spur Nikon on to do the same....and hopefully bring some more affordable sharp glass with it.
Thanks for the replies....at least the intelligent ones:cool:

hrstrat57

Murph just demo a D4 and a D4s. Rent for a weekend......and do the same for the pro line Canon bodies.

Suspect the D4's will blow you away with AF capability especially tracking moving targets on C.

Good luck!

murphc13

Murph just demo a D4 and a D4s. Rent for a weekend......and do the same for the pro line Canon bodies.

Suspect the D4's will blow you away with AF capability especially tracking moving targets on C.

Good luck!
In dublin it costs €850 to rent a 1dx and 70-200 IS II for a week.Or in nikon land it'll be the same for a d4s and 70-200 vr ii.Thats a bit too much for me.I might check the cost for a weekend like you said bud.
Cheers

Moab Man

In dublin it costs €850 to rent a 1dx and 70-200 IS II for a week.Or in nikon land it'll be the same for a d4s and 70-200 vr ii.Thats a bit too much for me.I might check the cost for a weekend like you said bud.
Cheers

OUCH! That is pretty steep to rent for the weekend.

murphc13

OUCH! That is pretty steep to rent for the weekend.
No mate....that's to rent for a week.I need to enquire about the cost for a weekend.
Re:d4s and 70-200 for 3 days=€350
One week €500
300 2.8 vr ii for 3 days=€350Might try the 300 vr ii
I wonder how the new f4 phase fresnel will compare

Last edited: