First time with 2 flashes

SkvLTD

And dealing with CLS and its limitations on the Yongnuo at times. I'll definitely say that first time I'll do a paid studio style gig, I'll invest into triggers like no tomorrow. Until then, a backdrop to set up at home for more practice.

Blind-Whino-Shoot_002.jpg

Blind-Whino-Shoot_028.jpg

Blind-Whino-Shoot_038.jpg

Blind Whino Shoot - Skvora Limited Photography

RocketCowboy

What kind of CLS challenges did you have with the Yungnuos? Due to the light modifier(s) used or something else?

I did my first experimentation with a single 568EX over the weekend (posting images, hopefully later today), but didn't have any problems with CLS. I did end up using the 568EX off camera with a softbox, and also used the on-camera flash for additional lighting, but did not have any problems triggering the 568EX via CLS.

Just curious and trying to learn more. :)

SkvLTD

What kind of CLS challenges did you have with the Yungnuos? Due to the light modifier(s) used or something else?

I did my first experimentation with a single 568EX over the weekend (posting images, hopefully later today), but didn't have any problems with CLS. I did end up using the 568EX off camera with a softbox, and also used the on-camera flash for additional lighting, but did not have any problems triggering the 568EX via CLS.

Just curious and trying to learn more. :)

I'm guessing the pop-up flash just wasn't enough to send the signal in a very, very dark setting being too far away. Nikon was still picking it up though, but I still had to change lenses and move in closer.

So its fine w/ the CLS under normal conditions, but starts to really lag in extremes.