Where do you get your prints?

gary135r

I know about snapfish and basic companies like that. Looking for suggestions on what companies are good for professional quality print, posters etc. Thanks for the help. Gary

Pretzel

I've had good results with Nations Photo Lab.

I have too. I was a little put out with my very first order with them, as one of my 8x10's came back off-kilter, but I emailed them with the issue, and within 1 day they had responded and shipped a replacement print that was nice and straight. As far as the print quality itself, it's quite nice for the price, and I haven't had any issues with my 2 subsequent orders.

Overall, I'm impressed with their pricing/quality AND their customer service!

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I too have used Nations. My first order was for a few items one of which was an enlargement mounted on gatorboard. It arrived scratched, but Nations acted quickly and sent a replacement.

When I needed 200 4x6 photos for my church's Christmas service, my local camera store came in 1-cent lower than Nations plus I didn't have to pay shipping. Locally was less expensive and faster this time. ;)

Pretzel

Just a thought, too - I've received a LARGE print (20"x30") from a great photographer in the state of Colorado, and he used Costco. The print was shipped directly from them to me in Oklahoma, and the quality was quite nice. I've never used them for more than that, but if you have one local, you might give 'em a test run? Can't wait for ours to open, as I'm gonna try them with a couple of smaller jobs and compare price/quality to Nations. It's gonna be hard to beat Nations though.

Moab Man

I tried Nations with disastrous results. I always used a local lab but you never know until you try if there is better. Customer service was not particularly friendly. Photo arrived really late past the window for delivery. No one knew who had it, nations or the postal service. Online tracking, last time I checked still showed it was waiting for pick up. When it arrived it had been literally been folded in half three times with creases in the photo. Center of the photo had been dented. Opening my mangled envelope I found the paper a good bit thinner/flimsy stock than I received locally.

Between the delays, cost with shipping, lack of customer service, and thin paper stock I've decided to pass on Nations and have written off the expense as a lesson learned.

I know a good chunk of this had to do with the postal service, but right or wrong the whole situation left me with a bad taste.

To share the whole story, the color reproduction was very good.

In the future I plan to try out Miller's as they work with tiff.

Last edited:

Gobae

Actually, I use Walmart. Perhaps it's luck, but my the prints come out nicely saturated and match my monitor quite well. They don't offer "enlargements" (11x14") so I'll be trying out Ritz Camera for that.