First "selfie" with my camera

thegaffney

I don't usually take too many pictures of myself, but I needed a test subject while playing with my new softbox and got this. The wife liked it so I've been using it for profile pictures and what not

This is about 1/6th of the original picture, cropped. I was just going for a full headshot at first, I like all the detail.

Studio Session-033-3.jpg

thegaffney

On a side note, this is the time I kind of wished I had a flip out screen, I kinda had to wing it with manual focusing and my position

Pretzel

Not bad! This seems to be a popular "crop" these days. Split face looking straight on at the lens... I was considering doing something similar tonight and trying to match it to a topic on my project 52.

MartinCornwall

Great shot and good focus. The only off putting thing for me is the rather large catchlight on the top left off the eye. While they draw the attention in a lot of shots it seems to be a bit over powering and drawing too much attention in this one. BTW better selfie than I could do :D

thegaffney

Do you have any tips on how to avoid that If I wanted to? Like bounce the mono lights off the wall or something, so that the light isn't so obvious?