110% Newb

ttmctoad

Hello,
I doubt that I even qualify as a novice, but I'm interested in learning. I bought a refurbished D3100 w/18-55mm lens a couple months ago and recently picked up a used 55-200mm VR lens. Looking forward to reading and learning from you all and possibly being able to contribute if I have anything useful to add.
Thanks,
Todd Weller

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Welcome Todd! You did make the first three correct decisions in photography. 1) Pick Nikon as your camera of choice! 2) Choose this site as a place to learn and teach 3) I can't remember the 3rd thing you did right because I'm getting senile! lol

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Todd. Welcome to the forum

If you fill out your profile we can better answer any questions that you might have, such as where you live and any gear you might be using. It really does help us with answering questions and concerns. It wouldn't hurt if you had a picture of yourself either. We like to see who we're talking to! :)
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

FAQ

Some useful links
Nikon Product Manuals available for download | Nikon Knowledgebase
Nikon | Imaging Products | Digitutor

Thanks

Become a Contributing Member

jay_dean

Do a bit of reading about what a DSLR can do. You control your camera, don't let it control you. If you leave it in Auto mode, you'll be disappointed in your results, and think that you may as well have bought a point and shoot. Have a look at the Exposure Triangle, and don't think that you'll nail it straight away! But persevere, and you'll get a handle on it, and improve your photo's. Welcome along..