Hello from Greece

vivalaflam

Hi there mates, my names George, Im an Aussie but I live in Greece. Today I bought my first digital camera (i know i know im too late). I havent had any camera since my zenit SLR which I had used till about 15 years ago. I have had phones with excellent cameras, and they got me covered. I bought my Nikon Coolpix L830 Kit just today, and Im so excited. If my budget werent tight, Id go for a DSLR, as I prefer manual settings, as i had gotten used the zenit. Ahhh good times back then. I have a youtube channel, ive been making some timelapses with my Xperia Z1, and now I want to give it a go with slow-mo and other stuff, like every kind of photography. Im a tech freak. I hope this forum will be one of my favorites. Thank you!

Sent from my awesome Xperia Z1 C6903 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Englischdude

Kalimera and welcome George!
Tourism, shipping or love, which one brought you to Greece? I travel to the pireaus region of Athens regularly and know it well.

Looking forward to seeing your pics!

vivalaflam

Nice to see such a warm welcome! Thank you all! Well, Greece isnt all about islands and athens, there are other places worth visiting. I currently live in Northern Greece. Near Amfipoli, where the greatest tomb has been found recently. The town is called Serres. It has nice mountains, rivers, and a huge lake, which i quote from wikipedia: " Actually the lake hosts 227 kinds of birds, especially non-migrants. 76 of them are recorded in the*National Red Catalogue, while at least 31 of them are protected by EEC's Directive concerning wild life."

RocketCowboy

Howdy George and welcome to Nikonites!

What part of Greece are you in? I really enjoyed Greece during our vacation there last May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vivalaflam

Howdy George and welcome to Nikonites!

What part of Greece are you in? I really enjoyed Greece during our vacation there last May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at my last post. I almost gave in my coordinates there haha :)