Black Skimmer

Kevin H

HI folks wondering if anyone can point me in a direction of a Black Skimmer around Orlando when I'm down in Florida Jan 30th to Feb 9th

Kevin H

Thanks guys yea it looks like it's hit or miss around Lakelands I seen one flock last year flying over Mirror lake I think the one with the Mandarin Ducks

Whiskeyman

Well, it's not too far to Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge from there. It may be worth the trip while you're there, if you have the time for it.

Then again, if you're booked up, you may come across some Black Capped Skimmers (BCSs) in your travels while you're down here. I've asked a few folks if the summer birds we have here have stuck out the cold weather, or if they're gone. If they are still here, more than likely the cold snap down that way hasn't driven those birds off either.

Are they a big priority for you? I'm assuming that they are, since you asked about them.

WM

Kevin H

Well, it's not too far to Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge from there. It may be worth the trip while you're there, if you have the time for it.

Then again, if you're booked up, you may come across some Black Capped Skimmers (BCSs) in your travels while you're down here. I've asked a few folks if the summer birds we have here have stuck out the cold weather, or if they're gone. If they are still here, more than likely the cold snap down that way hasn't driven those birds off either.

Are they a big priority for you? I'm assuming that they are, since you asked about them.

WM

Just one on my hit list priority are redshoulder hawks Osprey in a dive better shots of all the birds at Circle B egrets herons ducks and to spend some time after the smaller birds Warblers Prairie is up there and now I see a painted bunting has been seen there also sparrows Vesper and grasshopper etc.

I also just picked up a Lexar 16G 600X SD card so i got 64G of cards going with me:D

Last edited: