Accessories

Smoke

My wife bought me one of these kits that has the cleaner kit, different shaded lenses, wide angle attachment and Macro lens attachment. I can't say that I use all of the stuff all the time but it's nice to have stuff that was relatively cheap whenever you get that "Creative Bug" to try something different. Here are photos that I took with the Blue shaded filter.
DSC_0180.jpgWhere are you Headed.jpg

FastGlass

In my opinion when you see "kits" advertised for so cheap. There might be 1 or 2 items that maybe worth the money you spent on the kit. All the other crap is just that, crap. Couple things to keep in mind. Filters are one of those things to not skimp on. You can have a $2000.00 lens so why put on a $20 filter. The lens becomes only as good as the filter you stick on the front of it. The only thing I see in the kit worth anything is the lens cleaning brush and bulb blower.

Smoke

In my opinion when you see "kits" advertised for so cheap. There might be 1 or 2 items that maybe worth the money you spent on the kit. All the other crap is just that, crap. Couple things to keep in mind. Filters are one of those things to not skimp on. You can have a $2000.00 lens so why put on a $20 filter. The lens becomes only as good as the filter you stick on the front of it. The only thing I see in the kit worth anything is the lens cleaning brush and bulb blower.
So I'm just being Devil's Advocate here.....so you would be able to tell if someone used a $20 filter on a $2000 lens vs. somebody that used a $700 filter on a $2000 lens....I don't think I would be able to tell the difference when all the PP is done. Just asking

FastGlass

So I'm just being Devil's Advocate here.....so you would be able to tell if someone used a $20 filter on a $2000 lens vs. somebody that used a $700 filter on a $2000 lens....I don't think I would be able to tell the difference when all the PP is done. Just asking
I'm not sure if any could tell of it was a somewhat decent filter. But if it were me I wouldn't buy a cheap filter hoping it was good quality. Also keep in mind that when buying filters, It's best to get the large 77mm filters and buy step down rings depending on the lens your putting it on. Otherwise your buying more filters for the lens's they don't fit.

pops1368

Cheers guys, much appreciated for your advice. My main concern is buying a kit like this and only using probably one or two items and rest being stored away or worse still thrown away.