Hello there! New to the site & photography :)

L.M.Carter

Hey guys!

So I'm new to nikonites and also new to photography.
I am pretty much self taught (In my spare time, when I have a spare 30 mins) I have a friend who is pretty talented and get tips from him. And my grandfather was a professional photographer so get tips from him also.

I recently made a facebook page just to share photos I have taken whilst practicing. ANY tips, pointers, positive criticism (obviously please don't say I'm poop as I will learn) is VERY much appreciated.

At the moment all I have is a D5200, Which was bought as a wedding gift from my husband. So I learnt it's a beginners camera to start out with. I, of course, would love to buy better equipment for it. (Lenses, filters, tripod etc) The only thing that is stopping me is money. (I'm concentrating more on saving up to study Japanese in Japan) - Imagine to photos I could take there! :O

Nice to meet you guys and hopefully I can learn from you talented people! :D

jay_dean

I've seen great images from the D5200, there's plenty kicking around on this site. So don't feel that using one makes you or the images the 5200 camera can produce, basic or amateurish. Welcome along........

Moab Man

The D5200 is not a slouch of a camera, the sensor is outstanding, it just has less bells and whistles than many of the higher DX cameras. Technique, editing, and creativity will take you further than any of the equipment you might buy.

Welcome to the site.

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites! [MENTION=11881]Moab Man[/MENTION] just stole my thunder because I was going to comment that the D5200 is one heck of a camera. Look forward to seeing some of your images!

traceyjj

Welcome to the forum.
My previous camera was the D5100 and it was a fantastic camera, I can only imagine the newer one would be better still!