Greetings and Salutations

GooseCretian

It appears I have stumbled upon a gem of a site here. I am from the Low Country of South Carolina. I own a D3100 which I have had for about two years. I saw a D7100 in the store the other day and was playing around with it. I would love to own this camera but economics are preventing me from doing so. If I ever to move on from the D3100, it will always have a special place in my heart. It is my first DSLR.

I only have the two kit lenses, 18-55 & 55-200, along with the 35mm f/1.8G. But do I love my 35mm. I shoot almost exclusively with it. When reading up on prime lenses I always heard that it would make you take better pictures. Not only because of the sharpness, but because you have to move to frame the picture you want. I thought "Yeah whatever." But of course that is correct. I love having to move around to get the shot. Of course the quality of the 35mm doesn't hurt either. The lens that I would like the most is 24-70mm f/2.8G. But unfortunately I don't have $1900 burning a hole in my pocket. In due time I suppose.

I look forward to posting and browsing here. I love to learn and get ideas for pictures.