Greeting from India , Odisha

hello to all nikonites :cool:
My name is Udayan , from the Temple city Bhubaneswar in the state of odisha , India .

Watching thing from my point of view , and showing them to the world that's my definition for photography . I was in love ever since i could remember :) , i started with a kodak kb10 , then olympus citia 160, then to canon digital rebel , a sony dsc f 717 ,and finally now a Nikon D90 and im loving it :).

I still have a lot to learn and i really feel like the members here would be helpful ;)

I don't have many shots with my new found love D90 , but i do guarantee ya with many pics ahead.
Hope to get your suggestions and comment :)

here are some of my shots

DSC_0193.jpgDSC_0210.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to Nikonites Udayan. It will also be nice for us to learn to know your culture through your eyes and pictures.
The D90 is a wonderful camera that can do a lot of things. Feel free to ask users for their help, that's what this is all about.

Calgary 617

Welcome to the board.

I'm not a big fan of street photography, as often the shots to me are boring as hell. People just tend to run on the street and shoot what they see, even if it's technically bad, it's part of their "style", if the shot is technically great but the scene is super boring, it's "the simplicity of the scene" the shooter wants to transport to you :)

But the two shots you showed I find really stunning! The silhouette shot of the man and the kid is just great, the silhouette of the against the light revealing the background, while the foreground is pitch black, the trampled trail leading into the picture and the main subjects, just really, really great!

The shot of the arms is also different, as I think a lot of people would have shot or shown the face of the man. I often find that boring, as it is really hard to take a great portrait shot on the street, it's just a shot of an old person, "let the wrinkles tell you their story", super lame if not done good. I like that you chose the arms, I was looking at this picture for a long time, as I find it really interesting. Is the man having a cane because he needs it to walk? Or is he just taking a break while working in the garden, as he seems to have a cloth hanging over his shoulder to wipe the sweat of his forehead? To me it tells a story without telling a real story by giving away immediately what you shot.

The processing is also done real well, great sharpness, use of depth of field, exposure I really like them a lot, hope to see more from you! Just shows that you don't need a $X,000 pro body camera to take amazing pictures, as long as you know how to use the potential of the camera you use. :D

fotojack

Welcome, Udayan, to Nikonites. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here, and we all look forward to your work. Nice first shots, by the way. :)

thanx man , your comments really made my day :) ..
Now its gonna be a challenge to impress ya always :)
Welcome to the board.

I'm not a big fan of street photography, as often the shots to me are boring as hell. People just tend to run on the street and shoot what they see, even if it's technically bad, it's part of their "style", if the shot is technically great but the scene is super boring, it's "the simplicity of the scene" the shooter wants to transport to you :)

But the two shots you showed I find really stunning! The silhouette shot of the man and the kid is just great, the silhouette of the against the light revealing the background, while the foreground is pitch black, the trampled trail leading into the picture and the main subjects, just really, really great!

The shot of the arms is also different, as I think a lot of people would have shot or shown the face of the man. I often find that boring, as it is really hard to take a great portrait shot on the street, it's just a shot of an old person, "let the wrinkles tell you their story", super lame if not done good. I like that you chose the arms, I was looking at this picture for a long time, as I find it really interesting. Is the man having a cane because he needs it to walk? Or is he just taking a break while working in the garden, as he seems to have a cloth hanging over his shoulder to wipe the sweat of his forehead? To me it tells a story without telling a real story by giving away immediately what you shot.

The processing is also done real well, great sharpness, use of depth of field, exposure I really like them a lot, hope to see more from you! Just shows that you don't need a $X,000 pro body camera to take amazing pictures, as long as you know how to use the potential of the camera you use. :D

Calgary 617

thanx man , your comments really made my day :) ..
Now its gonna be a challenge to impress ya always :)

Like I said, I'm not really interested in street photography shots so purists might not like your shots, it's just an opinion.
But I like them a lot that's why I took the time to tell you what I really like about them.

Keep em coming!