Fuji X-T1 in the hands of pro photographer Olivia Lazer

AC016

Pro fashion and portrait photographer Olivia Lazer, who is pretty nice to look at, takes the Fuji X-T1 with the 50-140 for a spin in her studio.

Last edited:

Rick M

She's better looking than the model :0. Since I jumped ship it's interesting how many people (including this pro) talk about the learning curve of a new system. I met and hiked with a guy over the weekend at a nature center who was very interested in my new pro Oly gear. BUT..., he's been shooting Canon all his life, so he couldn't imagine the learning curve. It takes about 5 minutes to learn the basic settings and dials, from there you are back to shooting at your previous level. Fear is what keeps people from new systems. She shows here it's like riding a bike.

AC016

She's better looking than the model :0. Since I jumped ship it's interesting how many people (including this pro) talk about the learning curve of a new system. I met and hiked with a guy over the weekend at a nature center who was very interested in my new pro Oly gear. BUT..., he's been shooting Canon all his life, so he couldn't imagine the learning curve. It takes about 5 minutes to learn the basic settings and dials, from there you are back to shooting at your previous level. Fear is what keeps people from new systems. She shows here it's like riding a bike.

It took me a month or two to get used to how Fuji does things, such as no dedicated p, s, a, m dial. Furthermore, the majority of their xf lenses have an aperture ring,something you don't find on many modern dslr lenses. But as they say, its not rocket science.

Blacktop

I like the way you can change a lot of things like SP and ISO with the wheel things, but it just looks a bit small to me. I just wouldn't feel right walking up to the top of a huge majestic mountain, looking down on god's creation and pulling that thing out to capture the vast beauty that is laid out in front of me. But that's just me. :indecisiveness:

Rick M

I I just wouldn't feel right walking up to the top of a huge majestic mountain, looking down on god's creation and pulling that thing out to capture the vast beauty that is laid out in front of me. But that's just me. :indecisiveness:

Use your camera instead :)

AC016

I like the way you can change a lot of things like SP and ISO with the wheel things, but it just looks a bit small to me. I just wouldn't feel right walking up to the top of a huge majestic mountain, looking down on god's creation and pulling that thing out to capture the vast beauty that is laid out in front of me. But that's just me. :indecisiveness:
You do realize that it has the same size sensor as your d7100, right? It's smaller because it has no mirror box. I don't think God really cares about the size of your camera- sorry, but that made me laugh. If size is that important to you and if you think it's so important to God, lug an 8 x 10 camera up the mountain. But then I suppose God would be disappointed in your d7100 because it is smaller. What a conundrum, lol