Nikon Confirms It Will Have a High MP Camera Sensor Soon Made By Sony

Horoscope Fish

Dear Nikon,

Please stop with the needless megapixel grandstanding, you are making my head hurt. Request instead real, functional upgrades that actually matter; like more dynamic range (an additional 2EV would put me over the moon) and faster processors.

I'd ask for wireless and GPS functionality across the board but don't want to push my luck.

Hugs & Kisses,
~ Horoscope Fish

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Dear Nikon,

Please stop with the needless megapixel grandstanding, you are making my head hurt. Request instead real, functional upgrades that actually matter; like more dynamic range (an additional 2EV would put me over the moon) and faster processors.

I'd ask for wireless and GPS functionality across the board but don't want to push my luck.

Hugs & Kisses,
~ Horoscope Fish
That's getting to be the way Nikon (and Sony) try to justify big price increases. More megapixels. 24 is plenty for me, and I, too, want to see more dynamic range.

Krs_2007

I need speed not larger file sizes, now how hard could that be and it would be a well received camera as long as it's not 5k like the others speed machines.

But as always, big companies know what we need, right.

jay_dean

Huge megapixels seem to be THE selling point that draws the most attention, a headline grabber. They do it with p&s cameras and camera phones. And, are they trying to take over the Medium Format?

Geoffc

I was comparing the raw files from the D800 and D7100 which I have with a Fuji X100t the other day as I'm hoping to get one. To compare the files I down sampled them all to 16mp like the Fuji. I was initially interested in noise, but I noticed that whilst all three handled noise well, the D800 retained more fine detail. This made me think about the comments people often make that we only need 6mp or such like unless we print huge. That may be true regarding the end product but big files that are down sampled do have benefits.

All that said, I won't be looking at more than 36mp as a plus as the files I have are big enough to manage already. Better high ISO is my main interest hence looking at an APSC compact, as my Coolpix P7100 was useless as the ISO increased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Deezey

Good god. 46mp?! Didn't Nokia make a phone with something like that? Pffft. Been done for all I care.

Give me better speed and a more refined WB. MP power will not make my photo taking experience better. Refining the cameras will.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I was comparing the raw files from the D800 and D7100 which I have with a Fuji X100t the other day as I'm hoping to get one. To compare the files I down sampled them all to 16mp like the Fuji. I was initially interested in noise, but I noticed that whilst all three handled noise well, the D800 retained more fine detail. This made me think about the comments people often make that we only need 6mp or such like unless we print huge. That may be true regarding the end product but big files that are down sampled do have benefits.

All that said, I won't be looking at more than 36mp as a plus as the files I have are big enough to manage already. Better high ISO is my main interest hence looking at an APSC compact, as my Coolpix P7100 was useless as the ISO increased.

It's always interesting how technology advances. However, I am also very satisfied with my D800E for now and I also said to myself before that I was never going to let go of my D700. We'll wait and see how it performs.

J-see

Sony's A9 is supposed to have 50 +/- MP. That's beyond my humble comprehension. The A7, with 24MP, is absolutely stunning. If the A9 produces twice the quality of the A7......... :tongue-new: at $4000. Everything has a price.

Sony A9 Rumored Specification « NEW CAMERA

From what I read, they (not Sony in specific) run into problems with noise when they have to put more photo sensors on the same area. This seems to be one of the reasons why the D750 does better at the level of noise than the D810. The smaller the photo sensors get, the more they struggle with noise.

I'm curious how they're going to overcome that when doubling those. There's little use in a 48Mpix that falls apart at 3200 ISO.

Braineack

Dear Nikon,

Hugs & Kisses,
~ Horoscope Fish
Any nikon already has 2ev over the newest canons...

using tapatalk.