Merry Christmas to Me!!!

Ron Carlson

Well, have been saving my pennies for a D4s but decided to splurge a bit on myself and my D7100. Just ordered my own Xmas present. A Sigma 17-50 2.8 OC, HSM. Will get it the 12/26. Can't wait for another excuse to shoot something. So, those of you that have it; has anyone tried using it for video? Also I noticed this lens doesn't use Sigma's USB hub so I am curious if firmware updates are through the camera like Nikon? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

MartinCornwall

I have this lens on my D7100 and it is very sharp. I use it a lot indoors. One concern I had was that sounds like something large that rattles inside the lens but apparently this is normal. Let us know if yours does the same. Thanks.

grandpaw

I have the Sigma 17-50 F2.8 for my D7000 and it is an excellent lens and you will be very happy with it!!! As soon as I purchased my D600 full frame I bought the Tamron 24-70-F2.8 to go on it.

kamaccord

I also own the Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 used with my D7000 and this lens on my camera the majority of the time. The lens is very sharp throughout the focal length and you will love the OS feature which is also excellent. The lens also produces excellent bokeh.

KAM_4130.jpg