Batteries - the cheap and the expensive

Rorie

Hi All,

I was away to buy a new battery for my D7100, when i noticed a huge price range! Does anybody have any knowledge of the quality of batteries out there? The likes of Currys sell a Nikon En-EL15 for 67GBP and a Duracell for 24GBP. Amazon sell others for just 15 GBP!

​Cheers

Horoscope Fish

Hi All,

I was away to buy a new battery for my D7100, when i noticed a huge price range! Does anybody have any knowledge of the quality of batteries out there? The likes of Currys sell a Nikon En-EL15 for 67GBP and a Duracell for 24GBP. Amazon sell others for just 15 GBP!

​Cheers
I can vouch for Wasabi batteries based on long time personal use (over a few years and a few different Nikon bodies).

They cost a fraction of Nikon branded batteries and are *at least* as good. If I thought for one second I was getting a better battery with Nikon-branded version, believe me: I'd be using them exclusively. But I'm not. The Wasabi batteries rock.

I have Watson, Wasibi and Nikon batteries that I use in my D7000 and D7100. I use the same charger for each one of them and I never notice any difference in any of them. I have 5 batteries total and recharge them after each outing.