Anyone in the US using Thumbtack?

singlerosa_RIP

I'm shoot mostly as a hobbyist and for my businesses and organizations, but I do take on an occasional paid gig. I now have bit more time on my hands to devote to pimping myself out. An associate mentioned a services hook-up site called Thumbtack, where you register as a service provider and folks looking for service go to get quotes. I joined (you have to buy "credits" to quote) and in 3 days, I've already received 4 RFQs. I received a quote confirmation on the first RFQ that came in after I quoted and saw that there were 5 quotes submitted (it was for a high school soccer game, 2 hours, budget of 250-300, I quoted 250).

Anyone have any experience with Thumbtack?

Jim

RookieDSLR

I have been using Thumbtack for almost 6 months now and I would not wast your money on it. I submit a quote use my credits and no response I have even let a ridiculous quote of like $20 just to get a response and nothing. So when my credits run out (26 left) I am done with this sham of a website. Your best bet and my most success has come from meeting and greeting people locally letting them know what you do and get your name out there. I get the majority of my business from word of mouth and advertisements! GOOD LUCK!!!

mathom33

It's a waste of money! A friend and I were both using it and we never received any replies from anyone ( regardless of cost).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk