LCD cover

Rorie

Hi Folks,

Quick question - are these 'stick-on' lcd protectors any good? My D90 had a hard cover and looking at it after a few years of use, its done it job well!

I have just ordered my D7100 and i know it doesn't come with a cover. Every cover i find online is of he stick on type and i am unsure how well that can protect the screen. Scratches is one thing, but what about impacts etc?

Cheers

RocketCowboy

Ultimately, I think this comes down to how careful are you with your equipment?

Short of the camera falling off a tripod, in which case I don't think either solution (hard plastic or stick on tape) is going to guarantee that the LCD doesn't break, how do you treat your gear? If it's usually packed/carried in a large backpack type of bag where other components can come into contact with the LCD, then I would probably lean towards the hard plastic cover. If not, the tape cover should do fine.

I've stopped using screen protectors on my devices ... phone/tablet/camera, because I just haven't seen it making a difference. That said, if you are looking for a hard plastic LCD cover for the D7100, Vello makes one that I found on Amazon when I was investigating covers for mine.

MartinCornwall

I personally don't see the point in the plastic stick on covers for a camera LCD. The hard plastic ones that ship with some camera's are really just designed to protect the LCD whilst in transit. I have just got a D7100 and ordered a Fotga one which arrived broke. I tested the good side and it broke with hardly any pressure, so I would stay away from those. I've just ordered this one as it is GGS glass https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FB27Q7W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. When my D7000 was at Nikon service they obviously dropped it as it came back with the glass protector cracked but the LCD was fine, which shows that they do there job.

Whiskeyman

I use Giottos protectors on all of my Nikons. I order them when I purchase the camera, and unless things change drastically, will use them from now on.

WM

Rorie

ooh the Giottos look good! But i ordered a Larmor one last night, so i'll see what its like when it arrives.

Thanks for the help folks