Country Girl

Moab Man

Saw her in her coveralls and had to shoot her in this setting. She loves to pose.

DSC_2042.jpg

Last edited:

Eyelight

Nice shot. Almost perfect.

The studio work I did probably had more kids than big people. The kids that wanted to have their picture made were worth their weight in gold. I need to get back into it. Would probably wear away some of the rough edges I've developed over the years.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I wish yoiu had framed it vertical and we could see the whole arm. For me the amputated arm is a big minus.

Moab Man

I agree on the amputated hand. She wanted to do her own pose for this one. Originally, I did it portrait oriented, but the funky hand thing she was doing was worse than an amputated hand so it became horizontal. Having worked with her before, and knowing consistency is not her strong point (sure it's the age), I grabbed the shot when everything else lined up in her pose.

This was shot outdoors at a location i had been waiting a long time to use along with the right lighting. It all came together yesterday.

Thank you for all the great comments as well as feedback.

Woodyg3

Contributor
I doesn't bother me at all that the full arm is not shown. I think I would crop in a little tighter, and maybe get rid of the space to the right of the fence post. Her head seems a little high in the frame, so maybe crop out a little from the bottom of the pic, too.

The light is great, and you really captured a shot with a lot of character. Nicely done!