Nikon 18-70

sandyth

[FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]N[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]ikon AF-S DX 18-70mm Lens f/3.5-4.5G[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica neue, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif]How good is this lens?[/FONT]

singlerosa_RIP

Nice little lens. I used one for years on a D100 and D7000. Bought it from a guy who got it as part of a D70 kit. Decent optics and solid build quality (not all plastic like today's kit lenses).

Geoffc

I had one with my D70 kit years ago. It was always described as the kit lens the was too good to be a kit lens.

In summary it's a nice lens if you're not paying big money for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob Bye

I replaced my 18-70 with an 18-105 instead. I rather liked the 18-70, but the newer lens is every bit as good, but it adds more reach and VR. I've heard similarly good things about the 18-140 and 18-200. Nikon seems quite capable of producing fine kit lenses.

singlerosa_RIP

My son bought a 5300 earlier this year and got the 18-140 with it (at my suggestion - my real suggestion was to buy a point and shoot). I've shot with it a bit and it seems to be a decent lens. Haven't shot it enough to compare with my experience to the 18-70.

I owned the 18-200 VRII for a number of years and it was a very nice vacation and walk-around lens. OK for everything but not really good at anything. I have to admit I miss a super zoom. When I went FX, I bought the 24-85 with the D600 as a lightweight walk around lens (alternative to my 24-70). I should have ponied up for the 24-120 f/4 or 28-300, 'cause I hardly ever use the 24-85 unless I want to travel super lightweight (sans grip). And most of those times, I strap on the 50 1.4D.