LCD monitor Pixelated

dang

Hi all,

I have a problem with the LCD monitor on my D3200, the lcd is kind of pixelated. This problems happens even when in the menu and also the live view and when previewing pictures or videos.
Here you can see a picture preview on the LCD and how it looks on the computer.
lcdnikon.jpgpicnikon.jpg

As you can see it is pixelated and the definition is really low.
In order to fix it I have first tried to reset all the settings to the factory default as it did not help I did upgrade the firmware to the latest version and it did not fix the problem neither.

Have anyone experienced this problem? any clues about how to fix it will be really really welcome!

Dan

WayneF

Have anyone experienced this problem? any clues about how to fix it will be really really welcome!

I have no clue, never seen anything like that, but it's not a feature, it is not supposed to do that, and I would suspect a LCD defect. I think it should go to Nikon to look at, especially if it is still in warranty.

Nikon Service and Repair

The blue appears to be going crazy. One grasp at a last straw, but if you have any type of protective coating over the LCD, try removing that?

Last edited:

dang

Wayne

Thanks for your answer. I am afraid I do not have any protective coating.

Last time I used my camera(4 months ago) it was alright so I guess the LCD is broken I was looking at the warranty and it says it covers defects for 1 year I bought mine in June 2013 :(

I will call Nikon support anyway because I think it is really unfair that they do not cover this kind of defects which are clearly related to internal hardware.