Can old Vivitar lenses be adapted to fit Nikon?

jstimagine

Years ago, in my youth,:highly_amused: I had a Vivitar Xv 1 camera with a couple of lenses and filters etc. I really enjoyed it for a brief time before my life completely derailed and set me in another direction. Hadn't even THOUGHT of this camera in decades, but poked around yesterday and wouldn't you know, I found it! For all I know, there may still be film in it. :D
ANYhow, this is probably a dumb question and I think I already know the answer, but I don't suppose there's any way to adapt old lenses to new cameras? I was on a site and found the ad below, which made me wonder. Is it anything for me to get excited about? My old camera (and it's probably close to 40 yrs. since I've used it) is a Vivitar. The macro lens is a Zykkor f28, and the smaller lens is a 1a 52. Currently I own a Nikon D3100.

The Vivitar Automatic Extension tubes Set are in excellent condition. Designed for doing Macro photography with a 50mm or other lens yoiu may have. This set is designed to work with Nikon. The set comes with case and instruction manual.

jstimagine

Thank you FredKingston.:) Just curious though, how does that compare to the item I saw in the original ad? The reason I ask is that I'm close enough to the original source that I can go pick it up, whereas the one you so kindly indicated, would require shipping.

Fred Kingston

Lens extensions are for doing closeup work. Vivitar is only the maker. That extension set is strictly an F-mount system for Nikons... It's NOT an adaptor to mount your K-mount Vivi Lens to a Nikon camera...