Hello from Wales

dave-

Hello, dave from wales here. Main mission here is to pick between d700 and d610. I was going to get the d610 for sure until I saw the AF area is much too small. Problem is the d750 is over budget and the d700 does not quite have the image quality I want. I am smitten by the image quality of the d610 so I am more confused than ever right now.

RocketCowboy

Howdy Dave and welcome to Nikonites!

Picking between the D700 and D610 ... what kind of photography are you into? What camera body are you coming from, or is this decision more on which camera body to start off with?

dave-

Howdy Dave and welcome to Nikonites!

Picking between the D700 and D610 ... what kind of photography are you into? What camera body are you coming from, or is this decision more on which camera body to start off with?

I have a canon 550d, 40d and nikon d7000. I love the d7000 but want to step up to FX because I like wide lenses and would like the better image quality / low light ability. In the UK it is always dull, overcast poor light and FX would come in handy here alot I think outdoors. The two main types of photography I do are outdoors on walkabouts in a rural area. And the other is people indoors and outdoors like family/friends.