Sony trade in program

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Sony has brought back their trade-n program for their A7 series of cameras. Basically, you can trade in any working DSLR or lens to get the rebate.

New Sony a7 series trade-in program launched | Photo Rumors

Pretty nice deal if you are looking to go this way.

I got my A7 refurbed with less than 70 actuations on it. I got a great deal. Better than the trade in offer they were offering. You have to have a DSLR ready for the junkpile if you want to get a good deal from the trade in offer. I do sincerely hope it helps someone though.

AC016

I got my A7 refurbed with less than 70 actuations on it. I got a great deal. Better than the trade in offer they were offering. You have to have a DSLR ready for the junkpile if you want to get a good deal from the trade in offer. I do sincerely hope it helps someone though.

From what i gather, the trade-in program is working through camera stores, such as B&H, Adorama, etc. Their respective used departments are getting the camera that you trade-in; therefore, i am sure they will take any working DSLR, even a D800. It's a good way for Sony to gain a bit of market share and at the same time, for the camera store to get some decent used equipment at cheap prices.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

@AC016 - if someone is going to take advantage of this, I would go through Adorama. They give more on a trade-in than anyone else. It can be a good deal. Save some money and get a great camera!