Thoughts on this river shot

dickelfan

First time trying to do a flowing river...thoughts?

DSC_4675.jpg

Deezey

Looks good...but for me the river seems to flow into and then out of the shot too quick. The green reeds/grass grabs my attention more.

But you did nail the creamy dreamy water. Just need more of it!! For me at least.

Last edited:

Lawrence

I agree with Doug. More water and I wouldn't miss those reeds at all. I think the leaves in the background have awesome colours.
Good first attempt

STM

Here is my 2¢. I would like to have seen the sky and a fair amount of those trees disappear and see more water. I agree about the reeds but there are times when you just have to play the cards you are dealt. If the water is not too deep, I have been known to wade into the stream to get the best composition and even plunk my tripod legs into the water to do it. An 4X-8X ND would have allowed you to blur the water more to give it a more "ethereal" effect. You can also add some blue to the water to make it look a little more surreal.

Vixen

and don't forget if you want wider and don't have the lens you can always do a couple of shots and stitch them together for a pano

I think you got the water movement very nicely. The composition just needs some improvement, and I know it isn't always possible to get the ideal, but I agree with the others regarding the green reeds/weeds.