Pick n Pluck Foam

TedG954

I'm rebuilding my lens case and found pick-n-pluck at this site.

http://www.usafoam.com/

Relatively much less expensive than Pelican. Actually, shipping is more than the foam, but still less than anywhere else I've researchd.

Last edited:

TedG954

Would still take a lot of sheets of that foam to fill a case.

The sheets I bought are 2" thick. The bottom side of my case is 6" deep. So it requires one solid bottom sheet (which I can still use my original) and 2 pick-n-pluck sheets.

For me, 2 or 3 is not "a lot of sheets".

The interior dimensions of my case is 14X20X6......... To require "a lot of sheets" your case must be huge.

Sheets are $10 each.

packagingfoamheader6.gif

picknpluck2.jpg

Pick and Pluck Charcoal Foam

Foam Types:
Regular Charcoal Foam
Standard Sizes: Small, Medium and Large
Heights: 1/2, 1, 1-1/2. 2, 2-1/2 and 3 inches

fyi3.gif
Features

Charcoal Pick and Pluck foam is perfect for creating snug, specialized shapes and sizes for cases and packaging. With a 1/2 inch grid configuration, this foam can be easily separated by hand to fit around any object. We also carry the same sizes in our Anti-Static Foam for sensitive electronic applications.
Along with the Pick and Pluck core, we have the same size eggcrate tops and solid foam bases to complete your packaging projects for the full range of security.

Pick and Pluck Core
Small
12" x 13"
Medium
18" x 20"
Large
24" x 26"
Charcoal Regular Foam
1/2" Thick
$1.86
$2.50
$3.12
Charcoal Regular Foam
1" Thick
$3.73
$5.00
$6.24
Charcoal Regular Foam
1-1/2" Thick
$5.59
$7.50
$9.36
Charcoal Regular Foam
2" Thick
$7.45
$10.00
$12.48
Charcoal Regular Foam
2-1/2" Thick
$9.32
$12.50
$15.60
Charcoal Regular Foam
3" Thick
$11.18
$15.00
$18.72

Last edited:

mikew_RIP

There was a story going around a lot of years ago, that if you used the wrong type of foam for cameras and lenses it could give something off and in confined areas that could damage your lens coatings.This was probably an old wifes tale as they say but thought i would mention it.

TedG954

There was a story going around a lot of years ago, that if you used the wrong type of foam for cameras and lenses it could give something off and in confined areas that could damage your lens coatings.This was probably an old wifes tale as they say but thought i would mention it.

Thanks for the tip Mike. I Googled it and couldn't find anything negative.

TedG954

Worked out great. 2 sheets at $10 each and $12 for shipping. Total cost of upgrading my lens case = $32

DSC_0007.jpg

Last edited: