I enjoy taking photos, Can you recommend a nice camera

Ahmed

I enjoy taking photos, Can you recommend a nice camera.

"I'm not willing to upgrade for along time the reason why I want to pick a nice one with great features "

thanks

BackdoorArts

That's such an open ended question. The complete answer is, "Pretty much any Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm or Canon available".

The specific answer is unknowable without a lot of additional details.

• What kind of photos do you want to take?
  • Do you want something that you can run with straight out of the box or do you want to immerse yourself in photography?
  • Do you want something lightweight and easy to tote around or do you want a bag of equipment?
  • Are you shooting inside? Outside? In bright light? In the dark?
  • Are you thinking about making this a possible business venture or serious sideline?
  • Do you have access to friends' equipment?
  • Do you want great photos straight out of the camera or are you wanting to dive headfirst into the digital darkroom?

It goes on and on.

If you just like taking photos I would take a hard and serious look at the mirrorless cameras out there now. I've got a bag full of DSLR gear, but there's something about the freedom of a small mirrorless when you're walking through a crowd that has me this close to picking one up.

The good news is that it's a great time to be a photographer because there are lots of cameras and software out there that make your life easy. The bad news is there are lots of choices, so the more you know about what you specifically want to do the better decision you can make right out of the box. My recommendation is that you figure out what you want to do with your photography, figure out what camera does that for you best, and then buy the next notch up to give you room to grow, because if your really love taking pictures then you're going to find there's stuff you never thought about shooting that might be tough to do on your camera because you never considered it when you bought it.

Pretzel

Make sure you get one with a shutter release!

After that, any recommendation is going to have to wait until we know a bit more info.

Level of previous knowledge/experience?
Types of shots your after?
Plans for the future (photography wise)?
Budget?

I could ask a bit more, but those questions are a good start. :)

BTW, welcome to the forums. I hope we get a chance to help ya out with a bit more info!