Magnifying eyepiece viewfinder DK-21M

PatrickDeBie

Hello all,

My Nikon D7000 is currently equiped with the standard rubber eyepiece around the viewfinder.
Because I have a rather big nose (family issue :eek: :p) I find it sometimes hard to place my eye directly to the viewfinder. Sometimes I get light between my eye and the viewfinder and I cannot get a good view of the viewfinder.

I'd rather have some more space, so I tried a Tenpa 1.36x magnifying eye piece. But I got rid of it due to cut corners.

During some further research I've found the DK-21M eyepiece. But before I waste anymore money again on a eyepiece which wouldn't work I hereby want to know if someone recognize my issue and knows a solution. I also found the Nikon DG-2 eyepiece, but that seems to be a bit too much to handle.

Camera Fun

Tried the DK-21M but didn't like the results; ended up taking out the magnifying lens, enlarging the hole and using it as an overpriced extension so I didn't have to smash my face against the camera. I had previously tried the DK-22 adapter and a rubber eye cup but had problems getting them to work together with the camera. Seems to me that Nikon didn't put much thought into a good eye cup for the D7000.

PatrickDeBie

Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean with 'but had problems getting them to work together with the camera.'?
It's just a piece of plastic and rubber, how should this work 'together' with the camera? No offence, just curious.

As a matter of fact: I was looking at the DK-22 adapter too. That's why I'm curious :)

Camera Fun

It's been quite a while but the issue was either a problem with getting the adapter to fit on the camera or with getting the eye cup to fit on the adapter. Sorry I can't be any more specific; had to do with the tolerances being too tight on one of the pieces.

PatrickDeBie

So that won't work properly either. Too bad.

I've searched on this forum and found some information about the Hoodman eyepiece for the D7000.
I will look on the internet for some more information about that eyepiece.