Online printing company Whitewall.com, review.

Blade Canyon

The itch to actually print large photographs has been growing lately. Whitewall.com had an ad in the newest Shutterbug, so I decided to give them a shot with a pic of my wife that I really like. My custom sized print was 36" x 20", and I ordered it printed on acrylic. Whitewall puts aluminum rails on the back so it's ready to hang as soon as you open it.

It took 11 days start to finish, even with shipping from Germany. My wife and I are very impressed with the final result. It looks very professional and is perfectly flat. It was $223 total, with shipping.

This pic was a candid. My wife had been helping me take pictures of our dogs, and she was sitting on the floor leaning her head back against the wall, and I took the shot with my D600 and the 28-70 2.8 lens. I uploaded a JPEG to Whitewall, and they computed that I could have made this as big as 70" wide. There is no visible pixelation in this print, even up close. There is a little color banding in the wall, but that was in my jpeg and I didn't notice it before I uploaded it.

Whitewall.jpg

Attachments

• Whitewall.jpg
    Whitewall.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 137