Thoughts on this picture of Sam Houston Statue

dickelfan

DSC_1169.jpg

RocketCowboy

I've been wanting to grab images of that statute, but I usually think about while heading north instead of south (I'm assuming you were southbound on 45). Looks good to me. I'd like to see a little more light on the camera left side of the face, but not sure how to pull that off at night at that distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dickelfan

Rocket....I was actually staying at my mother's for the weekend, and have wanted to take a night shot of this for awhile. There is a feeder road on that side that you can take pictures from. It is a little dangerous because cars do go both ways on it, but there is one area that you can pull off the road and park safely.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It looks good to me but I'd personally try to desaturate the greenish tint in the shadow of his leg and cane. It might even look better in B&W?

rocketman122

looks nice to me. at first I didnt like it but after a few seconds it grew on me. try doing a double exposure next time. one for the statue. and then another one for more car light streaks. do a few and then blend them in photoshop. the other thing that could be tweaked or tested is use a little flash to light his upper head or to balance out the harsh shadow on him with a bit of fill flash just to balance the strong shadows. thats just my opinion though.

kevy73

Model looks very stiff - get him to relax his shoulders and lean forward just slightly, this will fix his chin line too.... Oh wait.... :beguiled:

Nice pic. For me in all honesty, it just seems very contrasty, but composition is fine...