Broken 5000

alpinelivemedia

Howdy,

Purchased a d5000 last winter (not this past one, but the one before it) and I was super happy with it, will always stick with Nikon.

Unfortunately I had an accident on the ski hill this past season and broke the d5000 - I sent it back in, Nikon told me a certain price for it to be fixed and got to work on it. 3 Weeks later I received the camera in the mail in more pieces than when I sent it to them.

They mentioned that the camera was too broken for them to be able to fix it. It seems as though they fixed a lot of the parts but just couldn't get it back in working order.

I am curious, should i throw it in the trash? Is there any use for the still working parts? The camera still turns on and the back of the camera is still in prime condition.

The camera lens broke out of the camera and cracked the face of the camera diagionally - mirrors inside broke but were fixed by Nikon. I also have a very minorly broken 18-55mm lens - apparently the attaching ring is an easy fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm a forum junkie and I realize this is my first post but I'm a little quirked as far as this camera goes.