Minolta Flash compatibility

Squaredoch

Hello all, I'm on holiday at present and have not packed a flash :culpability:. I have just found an old Minolta Auto 200x flash that still powers up (even with the batteries that have been in it for at least 10 years!)
Can anybody tell me if this flash will work on a D7100 if I get hold of an off flash cable shoe cord?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Mike

LouCioccio

Re: Flash compatibility

Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages
It shows that one but with a yes and? as it has two different voltages listed. Remember the old film cameras could take higher voltages. My old Olympus E1 could handle 250v but the newer models like E30 or E520 could not. I always used a wein safe sync voltage hot shoe Item Not Found
Lou Cioccio

WayneF

Re: Flash compatibility

Hello all, I'm on holiday at present and have not packed a flash :culpability:. I have just found an old Minolta Auto 200x flash that still powers up (even with the batteries that have been in it for at least 10 years!)
Can anybody tell me if this flash will work on a D7100 if I get hold of an off flash cable shoe cord?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Mike

It should do same as it always did, but which is NOT todays CLS TTL flash. It is decidedly NOT modern.

Note that several of this model are available on Ebay for $5, so the value is not considered high. Sorry, but it is hard to imagine settling for that today. :)
The $1000 camera can do so much more with a little more flash. See for example, Amazon for Neewer VK750 or Yongnuo YN565EX.
You would really like TTL flash.

Beginners Guide to Select a Hot Shoe Flash

The Nikon DSLR (all of them) can handle sync voltage up to 250 volts (D7100 manual page 303). Botzilla reports say this one is low volts, but their reports are just hearsay.