No D7200 this Fall?

Rick M

I think you're looking at next year. Too close to the D750 release and availability for the holiday season. Something could happen in October but not very confident of that.

Michael J.

If I change my camera is cos I think weather sealed and Build in motor is great. But so far I was able to take photos without those features.

NotReallyHere

If the D7x00 is on a 2 year cycle then the D7200 should happen in Q1 2015. I doubt it will be at the same price point as the 7DMkII as Nikon is being aggressive with FX pricing. So don't expect a new DX to have the same body (ie metal) as the D300.

Pretzel

I'm thinking, if they rushed it, it would just be kind of like what the D610 was to the D600 - a fix for an issue, and the smaller buffer on the D7100 wasn't really as HUGE as was the shutter/oil spot issue.

*shrug* I'm happy enough with the primal beast for now, not really tempted by the thought of a new body anyway. GLASS, now that's a HUGE area of temptation! A nice 18-140 for walkabouts, a nice macro lens, the 85mm prime... *insert many sighs here*

RocketCowboy

*shrug* I'm happy enough with the primal beast for now, not really tempted by the thought of a new body anyway. GLASS, now that's a HUGE area of temptation! A nice 18-140 for walkabouts, a nice macro lens, the 85mm prime... *insert many sighs here*

Send me money. I'm only buying FX glass that's f/2.8 or faster. Oh, and send an ambulance ... my wife will beat me to a pulp when she finds out. :D

For the first time in decades and since i was shooting a Mamiya 645 I can't think of any camera body I had rather have. The D7100 does everything I want it to. I like all the lenses I have. 18-140 is a great walk around, 70-300 works great for wildlife, I love my Tokina 11-16. I am thinking I would really like something like the 70-300 but either a fixed F4 or F 2.8. The 2.8 might be to heavy to carry so a fixed F4 might be the answer. Any suggestions?

JohnFrench

I like my 7100 a LOT. It does what I want it to. Not cheap, but affordable if one is serious about their photos. I have had it less than a year I think, so would not buy a 7200 if it came out soon. Unless it could cook breakfast for me in the morning.

Last edited:

Woodyg3

Contributor
8fps would be nice, IF they increase the buffer size a LOT. Also, I'll be interested in how fast and accurate the autofocus will be.

Rob Bye

Rumoured specs or a wild-ass guess? At any rate, I'd like to see something like that. To be competitive, I'd suggest built-in
Wi-Fi, touch screen, tilting LCD, and 4K video. I'll pay the price to get an APS-C body with everything I need... In fact, I'll pay it twice.

aroy

D7000 discontinued.
D7100 refurbished for $700.

All that points to a new D7xxx coming soon. When will they announce it is any ones guess. But it is coming and hopefully give 7D-II a run for its money.