New member, looking to improve his skills.

Theraphosa

Hi folks.
I just discovered this forum this evening, and it looks to be one of the most informative and friendliest I've run across.

I first started taking closeup pictures for work, but it merged with my other hobbies (arachnology and bird-watching) and became a real interest, both in and outside of work.
I've come to spend much of my free time on the hobby, especially since I bought a D5200 and a Tokina Macro lens, a little over a year ago. Since then I've really become oriented towards macro-photography.

Over time, my wife became interested in my photos, and so this Spring I bought her a DSLR (D3200). Now she's hooked too...
(Pro: Makes it easier to talk her into lenses and gear. Con: Have to share my new lenses and gear!)

From reading past threads, I've already seen some great photos and learned a good bit. Lookng forward to reading more and learning from you all.

Regards,
Bob

SteveH

Welcome to the forum Bob!
We have a large and very keen macro community here, so you will fit right in. There are people at all sorts of levels with different experiences, and equipment so you will always find an answer to any question.

Enjoy!

traceyjj

Welcome.

My daughter and I used to share lenses... even swap cameras when I had a d5100 and she a D3100... its a good way of working... and a good excuse to buy more gear LOL

wornish

welcome.gif