Fake MB-D15?

No longer here

I have a promaster and i had never had good luck with their D3200 grip, so I was reluctant to buy it. Honestly, they stepped up their quality from what I used in the past. I had 2 D3200 grips, and both of them the right battery holder would never fully secure the battery. Often I would get an error code and miss crucial shots.

The D7100 grip is quite nice. However, you still have to use the original battery slot to utilize the dual battery setup. This is annoying, because it's cumbersome to remove (may be nitpicking here).

Given the life of 1 battery for the D7100, I would not buy a grip, if I could do it again. If you feel you have to have one, the Promaster grip is absolutely sufficient quality.

2tcreative

Given the life of 1 battery for the D7100, I would not buy a grip, if I could do it again. If you feel you have to have one, the Promaster grip is absolutely sufficient quality.

That is what I have heard about the D7100 battery life. Since most of my shooting is landscape/cityscapes I should be fine, grip-less!

skene

Some aren't too bad. I've gripped all of my cameras... While the Meike and Agfa are aftermarket grips they work exceptionally well and never had a problem with either of them.
D3100 has a Meike
D90 has a Agfa (Generic grip)
D300s MDB10

Bill16

I'd highly recommend the Nikon brand grip if it's a anything like the quality my Nikon MB-D10 grip is on my 2 D300's! On the Nikon models that Nikon neglects to make a grip for, I also went with a third party grip and they worked fine. But they were nowhere near the quality of the Nikon MB-D10's I'm using right now! :)