A few D610 questions

BruceJ

Im leaving my current camera brand and coming over to Nikon. I currently shot some landscapes as well as people in studio and in natural light.

The D610 beats my current setup hands down except or a few things.I am wondering how important they are and if anyone had concerns or limitations placed on them due to the max 1/4000 shutter speed, the 1/200 sync speed or the build quality of the D610.

Im going out next week to hold one so that my answer the last question......

Deleted

Hold that thought until the week after.

Nikon are expected to announce a new FX camera at the Photokina show. This will either be slotted in the range between the D610 & D810 as a D750, or possibly it may replace the D610 as a D620. Either option is likely to depress the prices of the D610 or may lead you to consider the new camera.

Waiting an extra week will either save you some money or give you additional options. Note too that the special offer deals for the summer quarter expired on 31 August. At the least, wait for the new deals for the autumn/fall quarter.

Ahh, we've been through this already! :rolleyes:

Krs_2007

I have the D600, same limitations and neither the max shutter speed or sync speed have ever posed a problem. But you need to determine if they are important to you and your style of photography.

Build quality is really nice and nothing I have ever given second thought too. The D610 should be the same as they are built on the same frames, well basically the same camera with a few exceptions.

Definitely get your hands on one and make sure the button/dial layouts work for you.

BruceJ

Thanks for the info Gorf and Krs. Being new to Nikon I want to find out as much info as I can between the 3 bodies before buying. I read the rumors on the upcoming FX body and will try to remain patient ( one thing my wife says I don't have) It does sound good.
I bought an A55 Sony just over 2 years ago but wanted better so I then went to the A77. All of m lenses other then the 18-55 kit are old Minolta. One of the main reasons for jumping ship is the inability to tether with the A77 also the poor ISO and to me lack of sharpness.
Once the new body is announced how long in general does it take before its released for sale?

ShootRaw

The D610 is not going anywhere..They would not discontinue it due to the D750....That being said..It took me awhile to make up my mind about the D610 due to your same concerns (1/4000 and 1/200) This is not a limitation without strobe.. For your sync speed concern just purchase a 3 stop ND Filter..(H+M OR Tiffen).. This way you can knock down the ambient enough to shoot wide open..

Rick M

I've not had a problem with flash sync speed or build quality (although I do not shoot in or expose my cameras to harsh conditions). Shutter speed has only been an issue with very fast glass in bright sunlight, very rare in my use.

BruceJ

if you want to buy this is a good deal:
Nikon 1540 - D610 - Nikon SLR - 24.3 Megapixel Digital Camera Body
of note, 42 st photo is not a Nikon authorized dealer, so you will get the store warranty. But the price is really good ($1379) :)

Ive seen an ad from this company before but assumed it was one of those bait and switch site. The prices are good and with that great of savings I would be more inclined to go with the 810.
Does anyone here have any direct dealings with them? Also I have a mental hang up about buying items not intended for sale in the US, not to say its a bad product just the warrenty/service aspect.

hrphotography

You can call and ask them about this being a US model, it is brand new for sure.
Only problem is with warranty. If the price difference is only 100-200 $ then i wouldn't bother buying from them. But i think their price is $400 less than average market price. One other option will be to add a 100-150$ diamond (like) insurance for 3 years for falls n breaks which will cover u for everything. Your call!