continous shooting does not work

pawel

Hi Folks,

I have the D7000 and yesterday I discovered that my camera shoot only to pictures
in Continous shooting mode in both CL and CH.
No matter what program it is M A S P when i push the shooter button down and focus on object
it comes just to pictures in row and then I have to release the shooter button and push it again
for two new pictures.
I have read user manual several times and I do nothing wrong when choosing program and setting the camera.
I simply do not get it.

Does anybody know what to do fix this?
All Ideas welcome.

I am so desperate that I maybe buy a new camera.

Pawel :(

Horoscope Fish

Hi Folks,

I have the D7000 and yesterday I discovered that my camera shoot only to pictures
in Continous shooting mode in both CL and CH.
No matter what program it is M A S P when i push the shooter button down and focus on object
it comes just to pictures in row and then I have to release the shooter button and push it again
for two new pictures.
I have read user manual several times and I do nothing wrong when choosing program and setting the camera.
I simply do not get it.

Does anybody know what to do fix this?
All Ideas welcome.

I am so desperate that I maybe buy a new camera.

Pawel :(

Go into your Custom Setting menu, then to the Shooting/display section and check the "Max Continuous Release" option.

It should be set to something like "99".

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
There could be other things that might cause this as well. If your shutter priority is set to "focus" and your camera is loosing focus while you are on continuous shooting, it could very well just stop clicking.

My suggestion to start with would be to look into the manual for "reset" and do a two button reset of all camera settings. Then try it again and I'd give it 80% chances of having solved your problem.

Whatever you do, PLEASE get back to us to let us know the solution you found. This would help others who might run into the same problem you've described.

pawel

Hi Marcel,

You have made my day!
Many thanks to you.

I have just reset my camera with two buttons reset and now it works as new.
It shoots images in full speed till the buffer is full.
I think it must be some software crash not the mechanic error because after the two buttons reset it works and if it would be mechanic problem it would probably not work anyway.

Once again many thanks!

pawel :)

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi Marcel,

You have made my day!
Many thanks to you.

I think it must be some software crash not the mechanic error because after the two buttons reset it works and if it would be mechanic problem it would probably not work anyway.

Once again many thanks!

I'm glad it worked and you can use a fine camera again and again.

Soft reset is something that we seem to forget to solve these kind of awkward problems.

Enjoy your Nikon! :)

BackdoorArts

Hi Marcel,

You have made my day!
Many thanks to you.

Once again many thanks!

I highly doubt the software reset and would have bet good money that exposure bracketing was turned on. Would have been nice to know what it was, but the important part is that it's working.

Horoscope Fish

... Would have been nice to know what it was, but the important part is that it's working.
Kind of my thinking as well... I didn't forget about doing a settings reset, I would have liked to pin down the actual cause in case the problem resurfaces.

But yeah, problem solved... So that's a good thing.

pawel

Hi everybody,

I would like to thank all of you who tried to help me with my issue,
I appreciate your help and your kindness a lot.

aroy

Another point to note, there will be no continuous shooting if you are using on board flash. The body will revert to single shot.