Speedlight battery pack advice

musik7

Hello. I have had Nikon's SB-910 for a while now, but just bought a light stand and umbrella, and I also want to buy an external battery pack that can power the speedlight for at least 2-3 hours of use on a single charge, even if it ends up being a lot of full power flashes. I have never bought a battery pack for a flash before, so I am wondering if anyone has any advice on what brands or models are good? If you own a particular brand/model, please also mention that and how you like it.

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Andrew

Bill16

Interesting! I'm curious too now that you mention it! Though I admit I doubt I really need one personally. Lol :)
Anyway great question! :)

musik7

The Quantum Turbo3 is probably the standard by which others are judged, but at nearly $700 with cable, it is pricey.

I do normally like to spend the extra for the best quality, but I was looking to spend closer to $300, give or take, as long as that wouldn't sacrifice too much quality. Would you have any suggestions for that price range?

For reference, I am a hobby photographer and am just starting out doing a few portraits on the side, so I would likely only use my light stand once a week at the most, as opposed to a pro photographer who might use it daily.

Thanks again

rocketman122

Whats wrong with nikon sd9? Not sure if its sd 9 or 9a or is was it only 8a but 9 now....

anywho thats what id get. Fast and compatible. Cheapest of all the options here. Personally id get youngnuo or pixel
the days for expensive battery packs when I was shooting iso 100/200 for weddings is over. I never needed it and I shoot cl in weddings. I guess for sports it has better use.

jtgraphics

I use a Godox PROPAC PB960 rated at (11.1V/4500mAH) with my SB-910, MK-910 and MCO910 all work great with it and last way longer than your want it. Last time I shot 4 hours and about 300 flashes and power was still showing full charge.

Last edited: