New to this Please help!

Diego Mercado

Hi so this is my first camera! I want to make really good videos that shoot in close up scenarios but Im not sure how to go about doing so. Im trying to film videos but I always have bad quality, I dont know anything about cameras, where do I start?

WayneF

Bad quality how? What seems to be wrong, what needs to be solved? Too fuzzy, too dark, too green, what?

How close up? What distance, with which lens?

Making it up myself, but my guess is that close focus has little depth of field. The focus plane might be sharp, but a little distance in front, or a little behind that plane is out of focus. Is that the problem? You need more depth of focus? Stopping the lens down more, like towards f/8, can increase that depth, and can help unless extreme closeup. This will require a brighter light however.

Bill16

I'm not the guy to help, since I know nothing about video. I'm strictly a photo guy. But I can suggest get to know your camera. Reading the manual will be a lot of help to you. Your not going to be an expert over night, and I suggest to be patient and not let yourself be rushed too much.
I wish you the best of luck in your videos, and I'm sorry I'm not of much help.

Welcome to nikonites! I'm sure someone will come along and be of better help than I was! :D
I hope you'll love it here with us! :)

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hi so this is my first camera! I want to make really good videos that shoot in close up scenarios but Im not sure how to go about doing so. Im trying to film videos but I always have bad quality, I dont know anything about cameras, where do I start?

I agree with Wayne. The question is plain, broad and there are just too many factors and not enough details to narrow down the cause.

I am going with lack of camera familiarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disclaimer: Typos may occur randomly without notice.