Sent my problem free D600 off to Nikon today for free shutter service...

singlerosa_RIP

So I have a couple of weeks where my D7000 will do (or I have access to an FX body), so I finally took Nikon up on their offer and sent my D600 off today for free shutter service. I bought it refurbed with 250 clicks and it now has about 13k after about 14 months of trouble-free use (other than occasional wet cleaning). I'm expecting a 2 week turn-around and will report anything outside my expectations.

SkvLTD

Wonder how long they will honor this whole free service, because since sending my dirty one in in March, I've racked up about 25k clicks and getting a cleaning + free shutter mechanism (if needs be) would sound almost too good if even once a year.

BackdoorArts

Mods: Should we merge this one in with the other thread about folks sending theirs back in?

Nikon will do every D600 once. I know folks talk about lifetime cleanings, but I've read that nowhere. Mine was fairly well behaved after the second shutter (this was before the Service Notice), but shows spots after 800 clicks on the replacement. They do not evidence the oil spotting of the previous problem, but the spray pattern is similar to the original problem and unlike what I get from dust spots on my other cameras. I've been waiting to hear back from them for 36 hours now as my case sits in "Urgent" status. Details in the other thread.