Speed and latency...

alfaholic

Banned
Hello everyone, it is me again with new silly question...

I am shooting RAW with Hi ISO NR and Lens Correction off. I know I can fix this in PP, but will this two options slow down my D7000 in any way by turning them on?

I know that Long Exposure NR takes some time, I leave that option on, but does everything else affect writing speed, buffer, and does it creates any latency in general?

Horoscope Fish

Hello everyone, it is me again with new silly question...

I am shooting RAW with Hi ISO NR and Lens Correction off. I know I can fix this in PP, but will this two options slow down my D7000 in any way by turning them on?

I know that Long Exposure NR takes some time, I leave that option on, but does everything else affect writing speed, buffer, and does it creates any latency in general?
I know the rate at which the buffer fills depends to some degree on what camera settings are in use including file type, size and quality, ISO, distortion control and noise reduction, but that's all I know.

aroy

All extra features consume CPU power. The faster the processor, the less time it takes to implement the features, so definitely you will gain by switching all features off, if you shoot RAW, as the processor of D7000 is slower than that of D7100.

Long exposure NR uses dark frame subtraction. Even that is better done off camera. Just shoot a dark frame (with the lense cap on) and use the software to do the adjustment, just ensure that the dark frame is taken for the same duration as the main image.

MrF

When I've shot RAW and JPEG at the same time, I've noticed that the RAW files don't seem to have distortion control applied to them, so that half of the equation might be a moot point if you're shooting RAW only.