Howdy from Montgomery, Texas!

Yourreflectphot

Howdy!

I am Jerry and new to using Nikon having previously used Canon. I am from beautiful Montgomery, Texas and would love to expand my craft of photography, and would love a mentor. Someone that I learn from hands on that could pass on knowledge. I would love a mentor in the Montgomery County area Conroe/Spring/The Woodlands. I also am a realtor and would like to somehow combine real estate and photography.

I have a Nikon D610 gripped, SB910 flash and 16-35mm F4, 80-200mm F 2.8.

I have two light stands and two black/silver umbrellas from calumet. I would like to build a portable lighting setup that is light weight and easy for me to use. I used to have a smith victor FL150 and an old Smith Victor light that I sold.

I have heard Einstein's are good, but am not sure of what type or brand to go with. I have Cerebal palsy that affects my left arm and leg. Which means I don't have quite the dexterity to hold a flash off to the side like most photographers do so I am looking for something that I can do to use to get better portraits both indoors and out and would like some recommendations.

Secondly I am interested in a mentor that could help me learn photography better so I can take my passion to the next level. I would like to do photography for a living along side real estate. Because I finally have the time to commit to photography that I did not early while being in college.

I also paid for and downloaded the prep for the CPP exam but no sure if I should take it this year or if I am ready.

Look forward to meeting everyone and learning as much as I can.

Best,
Jerry

wornish

welcome.gif

Yourreflectphot

Thank you for the kind and warm welcome! I graciously appreciate it!!

of anyone can be of assistance in answering the questions I have posed
or could be a mentor please let me know.