Hi from Kilmacolm, Scotland

Colmax

I have recently moved from a D70 to a D7100. Fabulous camera but I'm worried that I am not getting the best out of it as far as image sharpness! I'm using AF-S and Matrix metering, ISO set to 100. I have found that I can dial up out of camera sharpness to, say, 7 which is more of what I was expecting. I have tried AF Tuning on my 3 lens (Nikkor 16-85; Nikkor 300 f4; Tamron 18-270) but am not greatly convinced by the results. I've not yet tried the same setup on the old D70 but would appreciate any feedback in case I'm missing something.

Also - with no further development in CNX2, what are Nikon devotees thoughts on LR5 or DxO9?? A hotpot for sure.....

Thanks all for reading.

Colin

RocketCowboy

Howdy Colin and welcome to Nikonites!

I have limited experience with the 7100 other than fussing around the camera shop, but I expect someone with a proper answer to chime in any minute now. :)

Bill16

Hi and welcome to Nikonites! Congrats on the new D7100! I'm sure someone here will be able to help answer your question! :D

wornish

welcome.gif and congrats on the new camera.

Both LR5 and DxO 9 are good. Lightroom I think is the more popular and might have a few more features than DxO but it will boil down to personal preference which one you feel most comfortable with.

Roy1961

Contributor
hello and welcome

search for grandpa on here and check out his tip thread for a D7000, much of it should be the same for your D7100

WeeHector

Nice to see someone who knows how to pronounce Auchtermuchty, Ecclefechan and Milngavie. :D A big hearty welcome from Nikonites and leave your lump of coal in the bin by the entrance. Fae a Fifer.