My idea on how to get a D700 right away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill16

Just now I had an idea I'm thinking about. But I won't keep you in suspense while I'm thinking about it.
I'm thinking of awarding a prize to the person who can and does help me to get a D700 right away on payments. Sorta like a commission for arranging my getting a good D700!:)

I'm considering something like a good electric guitar, accustic guitar, or maybe a Fuji waterproof camera, or something like that, that's worth say a few hundred dollars......................
All the winner will have to pay for, is shipping and handling.......................

As of yet, this is just a thought I'm having. :)

Anybody got any advice/thoughts on this idea? I would welcome them! :)

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Bill, why would you absolutely need the D700 when times are so hard for your family?

You already have a D300 and a Nikon1, and, from what you've written about your financial situation, things are not easy. Have you thought that maybe you are just using the D700 desire to distract yourself from the reality that is affecting your wife and you?

It's certainly none of my business, but you should maybe determine your priorities and maybe a D700 could wait a month or two...

Just my 2 canadian pennies.

donaldjledet

Bill I agree with Marcel If I was you I would wait awhile . Cause what you have now is very good.
Stay with that cause the 700 will be around for a while.
Enjoy the cameras you have now.

Bill16

Yes part of the reason for wanting the D700 right away is to distract me from my severe depression. Being distracted in this case is a good thing. It won't change the reality of things, but it would help get my mind off of them, so I'm not constantly thinking about them making my chronic depression so nearly unbareable.

Is this the right way to help deal with this, I don't know. But it is one way that I know helps. My depression meds aren't a fix all unfortunately. I really appreciate your caring my friends! It means a lot to me. :)

hrstrat57

I am chomping as much as you and should have enough cash shortly to do the D700 via KEH or similar source. However I will be patient and wait a bit for the certain price drop... current ex+ KEH is $1400. I want to pay $1200 for a LN grade..... or perhaps a local deal via a friendly Craigslister.....

I have a great camera now with the same layout, once I select my software choice I will migrate back to shooting RAW. Couple that with the new D300 and I will be busy busy!

Patience my friend, patience!

You could ditch the mirrorless of course like I did as well and focus on DSLR's Nikon style!

PaulPosition

As a chronically depressed type I can certainly relate. Still, "new toy joy" has always been very short lived for me (but that's me!). And if/when buyer's remorse sets in, which happened a few times, then life became even more of a hell because *I* feeling crap made everything even crappier than they were before.

Think it some more. Though, obviously, you're the one who knows what works or doesn't work for you. :)

Bill16

Well I guess I'll forget about this idea, since nobody thinks it's a good idea.Thank you all for your replies. :)

Last edited:

Bill16

I'll close the thread. If anyone wishes to reply, or reply more, they are very welcome to pm me. Thank you all again for your replies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.