Combo or Single Lens???

jayfgutierrez

I have a D5300 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II and AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR, but I was looking the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR II and the TAMRON 16-300MM F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD, for convinience, I dont like to be switching lenses, but i dont want to sacrifice image quality. But if is not much the quality lost, if any, I switch to a single lens.

Horoscope Fish

I have a D5300 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II and AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR, but I was looking the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR II and the TAMRON 16-300MM F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD, for convenience, I don't like to be switching lenses, but i don't want to sacrifice image quality. But if is not much the quality lost, if any, I switch to a single lens.
That's the dilemma we all face as photographers. We all want a single lens that goes from wide angle to super-zoom with a fast aperture and great image quality. And please keep it short and light and price it under $500 taxed and shipped. The reality is we make trade-offs; we compromise because we have to.

singlerosa_RIP

I don't think you'll notice much degradation in quality going to the Nikon 18-300. Different story if you had a 24-70 and 70-200 and were talking about getting a 18-200 to replace them.

jayfgutierrez

Im just starting on The hobby. So pictures are for my self, I don't even process them on photoshop or anything like that. I just think a 18-300 will be very convenient. Is the Nikon lens superior to the Tamron???

480sparky

Im just starting on The hobby. So pictures are for my self, I don't even process them on photoshop or anything like that. I just think a 18-300 will be very convenient. Is the Nikon lens superior to the Tamron???

If you never print large, and resize digital images to post on FB or email.... I doubt you'd ever be able to tell the difference between the two.

Blacktop

You'll get better resale value with the Nikon if you ever want to sell it.