I Struck Oil Aaaaaaah

slowpoke

Well I thought I was immune to the oil bug,but not any more.Have a look.Only oil is round on the sensor.
_0003506.jpg

slowpoke

I didn't notice them until I darkened the pictures.I thought that something was up when I looked at the pics I took in DR.Maybe the heat has something to do with it.It's still under warranty and I just boxed her up to go to Nikon.Fingers crossed.

BackdoorArts

Because only oil is round?

It's likely not oil, but it is something on the sensor. Regardless of what it is, I'd be willing to bet the farm that it's a) not from your camera's shutter mechanism, b) not something you should worry about, and c) something that will clean off easily. If pollen, dust and allergens can get in my office inside, they can get in your camera outside.

Just curious, did Nikon approve the return trip? If not, you could be in for an expensive sensor cleaning.

slowpoke

Hi Guys.I used the camera sensor cleaner and blew on the sensor (with the rocket),then I used a hair paint brush.Seems to be gone.I'll have to test it out after the hurricane hits.

Thanks For the Help,Guys

JohnFrench

I had the same as you a while back, thought it was oil, but it twas just dust. I set the camera to auto clean on/off and it disappeared. Thanks to BackdoorHippie here who alerted me as to it maybe just dust.

zutty

It seems that sensor dust is a simple periodic maintenance issue, just as a tune up for a car. I freaked out too when I saw what I thought was oil, but it is usually just dust.Learning how to carefully do a sensor cleaning is really important.

slowpoke

Yes,Pete It was just dust on the sensor of the d7100.And thanks to all you great people,I won't be having that third heart attack. lol