Using self timer w/o remote to get multiple shots

Sevenup

I am using my self timer to get some family portraits of our family tonight. I do not have a remotet. I figured I would just use my self timer set to multiple shots. However, when I played with it today it only takes the initial shot. Does it need to be on a specific setting? I can't find any info on that. In my Menu I have it set to C(timers/AE lock) c3 Self Timer Self Timer delay 10 seconds Number of shots 8 Interval between shots 3 seconds Help appreciated!

Sevenup

Ok, I just went through those points, and it still will only take one shot. I did get it to take multiple shots with the flash off, but that won't be very handy in a group shot this evening.

It will be dusk, no external flash, I just need a quick directory picture for our church! I'm just trying to prevent running back and forth for single shots!

WayneF

Yes, it is the internal flash, one shot only. Also true in CH or CL continuous modes, one shot only if internal flash.

You can use a hot shoe or off camera flash, and get all the shots.

Horoscope Fish

I think what he's saying is this...

Press the Menu button and go into the "Custom Settings" menu. Select "Timers/AE Lock". Select "Self Timer".

From here, I think he's suggesting you use a combination of the "Self Timer Delay" setting and "Delay Between Shots" setting to take a series of shots with the on-board flash. He's saying you'll wind up with twice as many shots as you want, because the first series of shots will go off as soon as you hit the shutter. Then you'll have the programmed delay before the second series of shots starts to fire. This second string of shots are your "keepers".

At least, that's what I think is being said. I also can not confirm this would work. Worth a shot though... Good luck!

Sevenup

Well the picture turned out fine, but I will try this, thanks so much Horoscope Fish, I understand your wording better :)