D610 - LiveView Problem (electronic noise)

doncrystal

Hello,it's been 3 months that I have a Nikon D610. lately I've started to have a vertical dashes kind of electronic noise in the live view (that i use a lot) especialy in dark area and night. unfortunately I'm full travel in Africa for 6 months and here there is no Nikon store or repair workshop. What bothers me most is that sometimes these noice come in the final picture. i notice that this noise accurate when i autofocus.Do you think it can be solved or I'd better throw it (and make a cross for good on nikon brand)thank's in advancethis is the noise on a black pictures (lens cap on)-----------------------------
987135IMG20140702082030.jpg

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Hi Don...welcome to Nikonites.....someone will be around to answer your question soon I hope. I have the D610, but haven't experienced your problem. SOme on here have the D600. Let me see if I can get you some help!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Personally....I tried to recreate your problem with my camera....and it looks like I can't with mine. I suggest if you have a warranty, and you should, I would send Nikon the same picture you posted here and describe how it happened, and see if their techs can figure it out before you send it back to them. I asked someone else to take a peek at your post and hopefully they will also see if they have a different opinion. Hope this helps some. I'm sure it's not the answer you wanted to hear. Does this happen when your trying to take a picture, or when you are shooting a movie, or both?

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I saw something on another thread about the D3200.....try taking the battery out and put it back in...by the way, it is charged, isn't it? See if you get an error code or something like that.

doncrystal

thank you for your help and answer.
This happen both (video ans photo) but only when i'm on live view. when i use the viewer everything work good. and also when my camera steel ON and take lot of picture this probleme dissapears. it happen when i'm i live view and when i start.
I have no error message and this problem is just in the LCD most of picture are clean even tooked in Live view mode.
some friend tell me that's because your camera steel new (not enaught shoots) and after uses this will disapears totaly

sonicbuffalo_RIP

No....it wouldn't have anything to do with the camera being new except maybe you are still learning how to use it. What mode (dial setting on top of the camera on the left) do you have the camera in? Is it on automatic pilot? Or have you tinkered with the mode dial? I'm talking about the round wheel that has a black button on top that you have to depress to get it to turn. Let me know. Thanks!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Don...at this point I would try doing the 2 button (green dots) reset. It should get you back to the orignal settings. You may have (but I'm not sure) hit a setting button that threw it out of whack. DO you know how to reset using the 2 green dot buttons?

BackdoorArts

If it's actually appearing on the images then there's something with the sensor in LiveView mode. I have no idea what that might be, but if it's working fine when not in LiveView I would shoot that way. I understand that you use LiveView a lot, so perhaps do the work you need to in LV to set up the shot and then switch out so at least you're not compromising the photo.

If this is something that disappears after the camera is on for a while ('camera steel on'?) then it could be that there's moisture in there that dissipates after the camera is operating for a while? Just a guess.

Regardless, this is a problem I would want Nikon to address ASAP. Understanding you're in Africa and can't get it to a tech rapidly, you'll have to decide whether to live with the problem or live without the camera.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

ok....try resetting by using the 2 buttons that have green dots beside them. You hold the zoom out button and the exposure compensation buttons (on the back left panel of the camera and the top right surface) simultaneously for more than two seconds It won't reset everything but will reset basic settings such as focus point, exposure mode, flexible program, exposure/flash compensation, autoexposure hold, bracketing, flash mode, flash value lock, and multiple exposure settings. Try that next! Let us know if that helps!

doncrystal

yes i try the reset like this (link) many time but have the same problem.

I use live view much because I did a lot of landscape and it is very convenient in live view mode. and the major reason why i buy the D610 is for that.

but anyway i will try to take all picture only with viewer and i hope my DSLR will not get me out another bull****.
I am very disappointed for the amount I put to buy it. especially since I am neither pro photographer and not a rich man.

thank's all for your answers