2014 3.7 330hp

TedG954

Avitar........

14 Mustang 3.jpg
Cold Air Intake.......

2014 CAI 1.jpg
American Muscle Bama H93 Tune.......

FoMoCo Power Plant.jpg
Stiffing-up the suspension a bit.........

The Intake.jpg

Last edited:

SteveL54

Too much modern technology going on there, Ted.
I guess I'm just old school.

I liked it better when we had cap, rotor, points and condenser.
Cold air intake? We used a hood scoop.
You could actually see the plugs right there under the headers, and there was a Holley 4bbl. Or two......
327 - 365hp in a nice neat package '67 Chevelle
Dang....I miss those days (and that car)

Nice shots though. Second is my favorite.

TedG954

327 - 365hp in a nice neat package '67 Chevelle

Nice shots though. Second is my favorite.

Well, this is 225 Cubic Inches with 330 Horse Power and 30 MPG.

That equates to 1.5 HP per Cubic Inch or a 327 with 490 HP. (And 7-8 MPG was the norm back then, I was there too.)

Chalk it up to technology.

SteveL54

Well, this is 225 Cubic Inches with 330 Horse Power and 30 MPG.

That equates to 1.5 HP per Cubic Inch or a 327 with 490 HP. (And 7-8 MPG was the norm back then, I was there too.)

Chalk it up to technology.

And we thought that anything more than 1 hp / Cu in. was a big deal.

And that is one clean engine.
Nice!

DSP

It's pretty cool that the 6s put out that much power, that was Cobra territory until the Terminators came out.

Any noticeable difference with the Airaid? I'm thinking about getting one.

Blacktop

Well the Pinto is probably faster in a quater mile - but I would imagine this is a lot better for getting women to do anything other than point and laugh.

Just to be clear, we're talking about this Pinto here? Unless someone at Ford is taking waaay too many bong hits and remaking the '74 Pinto , that's the only Pinto that I remember from my teenage years. The only thing a Pinto could beat in a 1/4 mile is maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, is the Chevy Vega.
Both were the butt of all jokes back then, I just can't remember which one was a bigger joke.

ford_pinto.jpg

1971 Ford Pinto - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time - TIME

robbins.photo

Just to be clear, we're talking about this Pinto here? Unless someone at Ford is taking waaay too many bong hits and remaking the '74 Pinto , that's the only Pinto that I remember from my teenage years. The only thing a Pinto could beat in a 1/4 mile is maybe, and this is a BIG maybe, is the Chevy Vega.
Both were the butt of all jokes back then, I just can't remember which one was a bigger joke.

1971 Ford Pinto - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time - TIME

Well my pinto is actually a 72, not a 71 - but yup.. we are taking about a 1972 Ford Pinto. With.. um.. a couple of small modifications.. lol

robbins.photo

Anything with a "small" modification can do anything. I thought we were talking about straight out of the factory.

Not exactly no - in fact it's not even legal to drive on the street anymore. We used to run 1/4 mile sprint out at the track back in the day. Been a long time though, getting a little long in the tooth for that sort of thing anymore. Fun car, not terribly practical though.. rotfl