Dining Room

Browncoat

HereldHouse-1.jpg

My parents are selling their house, so I'm doing some photos for them. Here's the dining room shot. Nothing fancy here except for some shutter drag to draw in the ambient lighting. Looking at this now, I wish I had removed the lawn furniture covers and added a kicker light to remove some of the shadows under the table. *sigh*

No tricky editing either, just some color tweaks. Those walls (the great room is the same color) are hand-pained with a feather duster in about 4 different shades of a yellowish beige. It's pretty to look at, but it's awful for photos.

Lighting:
AlienBees B800 off-camera left, fired bare into the ceiling @ 1/2 power via PocketWizards.

Krs_2007

The phot looks good but as soon as I looked at it my eyes were drawn to the top left, looks a little hot in that area. I agree on the covers and I don't think the shadows are that big of deal.

My wife would love the wall color, looks really nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blacktop

View attachment 97978

My parents are selling their house, so I'm doing some photos for them. Here's the dining room shot. Nothing fancy here except for some shutter drag to draw in the ambient lighting. Looking at this now, I wish I had removed the lawn furniture covers and added a kicker light to remove some of the shadows under the table. *sigh*

No tricky editing either, just some color tweaks. Those walls (the great room is the same color) are hand-pained with a feather duster in about 4 different shades of a yellowish beige. It's pretty to look at, but it's awful for photos.

Lighting:
AlienBees B800 off-camera left, fired bare into the ceiling @ 1/2 power via PocketWizards.

Is your "highlight" slider broken? Seriously, nice shot but could have lowered some of the highlights . Mainly outside.

Sandpatch

The home and the photo look great to me. The photo is 100% better than most I see in real estate guides and will most certainly catch the eyes of potential Buyers.

Browncoat

Is your "highlight" slider broken? Seriously, nice shot but could have lowered some of the highlights . Mainly outside.

The photo is properly exposed. It's bright, no doubt, but it isn't blown. Those are 10' ceilings and a large window above the doors. That's nothing but sky up there, and it was a challenge. This shot was a lot more difficult than it looks.

Eyelight

Agree it's significantly better than most of what you see in real estate stuff. @Lawrence has a good point about the covers.

That upper window is a bit of an eye catcher. Would a CP filter help with the sky / window / floor?

Browncoat

What would've helped the most was taking more time to get it right. I shot the whole house in under 2 hours. My parents weren't overly concerned with the final result, because as already said, the shots are already a lot better than what you normally see on most real estate sites. I was going for "good enough", and that's about what this is.

This was a tough shot to get. I'm sandwiched against the living room entry and the island fireplace. Would've been easier to go a bit wider, but there just wasn't enough room.